Monday, March 26, 2007

I am SERIOUS about music


You are the music while the music lasts.
T. S. Eliot

I am a music lover. It may sound cliché, but I do have very eclectic taste, and I listen to almost everything. I can see the merit in so many songs, bands, and genres, and I want to absorb it all. It KILLS me that I am not an expert on ALL music. I want to be a bottomless vessel of music knowledge, filled to the brim with first hits, previous bands, and best songs. I want to be able to spout appropriate lyrics just at the right moment during intense conversations, and make interesting music analogies to support arguments. In the spirit of the above quote I will make a music commitment. For 365 days I will blog about music, songs, instruments, bands, lyrics, and anything else I think is significant to the love of the tune. I am by no means an expert, though that wish lives in my heart or hearts. Please help me by sending suggestions, music information, interesting lyrics, pictures, rants, and raves. So while the music lasts, I’ll be the music- blogger ;~ )

No comments: