Monday, July 07, 2008

Do you Men-u-do?

Hampton Roads, Virginia is known for many things...The world's largest naval base, Virginia Ham, peanuts, Jamestown, Williamsburg, etc. It is not known for it's Mexican food. :(

I really miss the authentic Tex-Mex food I used to get on a daily basis in Corpus. There is a Mexican restaurant that we frequent here in Norfolk, that is pretty good, but they only do lunch and dinner. No tortas, menudo, carne guisada, or caldo de res. :(

So I was driving the other day, and saw a sign for breakfast tacos at a little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. HMMMM? Breakfast "Mexican" tacos? Like chorizo, carne quisada, and other stuff? Or would it be a disappointment like so many others? I filed it away, and told Chris that it might need an audition for our restaurant rotation. OMG! When we walked in, I knew it was my place. I asked, "Tiene menudo?", and of course they did!!!! We've been going Sunday mornings to drink coffee and have authentic Mexican breakfast! I've had the menudo, and this week I had the caldo de res. Y-U-M-M-Y!!!
Now when I get to Texas I won't be such a raving lunatic for the Mexican food...no....wait...I probably will be. Because even though I found a great place here in Virginia, everything is BIGGER and better in Texas! I miss my Lone Star State...I'm so excited to be visiting in just a few short weeks!



Can you tell I'm really enjoying my caldo?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, where is this place?