Monday, May 26, 2008

Rise Up With Fists

I've been obssesed with aging lately, and not just aging but time passage in general. I wish I could pick a time that I could go back to... and just stop. The perfect time when the kids were still little, I was a size 7, I had all my teeth, etc. But going back to that time would make me miss so many of my accomplishments. So though I am sad that my babies are growing up, and that I have to work VERY hard to get into a size 12, and Oil of Olay and Avon Regenerist are my best friends, I know that under it all I'm still what I was, and that is all mine, no one elses. So, like Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins show, though the lyrics are sad, and seem hopeless at times, there is a laugh track to life's struggles, and that makes it easier.








No comments: