Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Claim to Fame


So I was a pretty decent athlete when I was a kid. I ran summer track and did really well in the 4x4 relay, 400, and 800. I went to the regionals many times and even to state one year. I swam too. I was a junior Olympian! I swam on a relay team that was part of the Junior Olympics.

Amy Acuff, Olympic high jumper, went to a nearby school and attended every track meet I did. She has had incredible longevity in her sport, and has even graced the cover of Playboy.


She is tall, blonde, and famous! WOW!

All I can say is that during one of those summers, 1988 maybe, I ran the 200 meters against her...and though I didn't win, I BEAT AMY ACUFF in a foot race! I beat an Olympian 20 years ago! Petty yes, but TRUE!

Check out the blog about her below:

Amy Acuff is a SLOW RUNNER!


Monica :)

1 comment:

Doophy said...

I don't remember if we talked about this, but were did you swim? I did summer and winter JOs. Got to go to Eastern Zones in '92.